Services for SeniorsDownload Printable Brochure
- Downsizing and Moving for Seniors – A One-on-One Organizing Service
- De-Clutter, De-Stress® Your Life for Seniors
- Downsizing and Moving for Seniors – The Workshop
- Elderhostel Program
- Client List
Download Printable Brochure
- Can’t decide what to take with you or let go of?
- Overwhelmed by details of moving?
- Stressed by all the physical work to be done?
Beyond Clutter will actively organize your move, from start to finish, to enable you, with less stress to organize the de-clutter process, coordinate the move, and organize your new residence.
This class will examine what keeps you stuck in clutter, motivate you to act and lead you through a process that will enable you to let go of clutter. Where to start, how to donate unwanted items and deal with a life of sentimental items will be discussed. Helen can customize a program for your group ranging from an introductory one-hour talk to four 1.5 hour sessions.
This multi-session workshop will give you tools and motivate you to unclutter your possessions to downsize, help you prepare your house for sale and bring order to the chaos of moving so you can be ready to start a new life in a retirement community or elsewhere.
A 7.5 hour Elderhostel Program
Trash or treasures? If your house is more like a museum that a home, come learn how to let clutter go. Explore the mental, emotional, spiritual and philosophical aspects of clutter. Leave inspired to de-clutter your life.
Helen as either moved someone to and/or given a program at the following senior facilities:
- Acacia Village, Utica, NY
- Albany Senior Services Center, Albany, NY
- Avila Retirement Community, Albany, NY
- Beverwyck, Slingerlands, NY
- Clifton Park Senior Center, Clifton Park, NY
- Glen Eddy, Niskyuna, NY
- Kingsway Retirement Community, Schenectady, NY
- Mease Manor, Dunedin, FL
- Preswick Glen, New Hartford, NY
- The Terrace at Beverwyck, Slingerlands, NY
- Chautauqua Institute, Chautauqua, NY
- Holiday Hills, Pauling, NY
- Mercy Center, Madison, CT
- Pilgrim Pines, West Swanzey, NH
- Russell Sage College, Troy, NY
- Watson Homestead, Painted Post, NY
- San Pedro, Orlando, FL
Thank you for everything that you have done for me and my sister. I could not have done anything without you. I’m glad we will be working with each other some more.
Betty S., Albany, NY
I was overwhelmed with cleaning out my condo so I could move to a retirement community. I attended Helen’s Elderhostel program years ago. When I called her, Helen came to Florida and helped me get organized at the beginning and made the process flow much smoother than it would have. I even held my own garage sale with her encouragement and advice. We kept in touch by e-mail. Near the end of my move, Helen returned, kept me on track, helped me pack and take care of the “left-over” items. I was overwhelmed until Helen came to my rescue. Thank you, Helen.
Bea W., Dunedin, Fl.
I went through “De-Clutter, De-Stress Your Life” on the train when we returned to DC and it, along with your Elderhostel Course is proving to be a great help in getting us started to downsizing our 45-year accumulation of things! As I go through the various household items, I can hear your instructions, “Magazine in – magazine out,” “Three piles: keep, throw away, give away,” etc. I have wanted to declutter and organize for a long time, so your course is really an answer to a prayer.
Marjorie, Accokeek, MD
We are appreciative of the fact that you were a lecturer at our Elderhostel and became our “coach.” As we put your advice into action, we will remember you and hope you are helping others at various workshops.
Relieve the stress caused by the mess! Volk concluded her four days of instruction by providing eight rules for clutter prevention. The eighth rule is one that Volk expressed repeatedly throughout her sessions – “practice, practice, practice.” The seminar taught that practicing de-cluttering strategies will help make the process easier every time one becomes overwhelmed by what is around them. “To me, the bottom line is action,” said Volk. “It’s never too late to start.”
The Shore Line Times, 2002 ~ Guilford, CT
Comments on Elderhostel Evaluation Forms:
- Helen Volk took a subject we take for granted and gave it wit, charm, humor and an army sargeant’s toughness. Very provocative thinking after the course.
- Who wouldn’t enjoy Helen’s animated performance and all those practical ideas. Wow!
- Helen Volk was interesting and helpful. The course content was all I expected and more.
- I’ve been hoping to get to one of Helen’s lectures since 1992! I learned several tricks to help clear my clutter! I headed home with her books – to read and folllow – and to simplify (my husband’s envrionment!).
- Very well planned. Instructor was excellent presenter. Her lively, humorous manner kept me attentive – no sleeping on her time. She is super.
- Excellent! Makes me want to go right home and start to de-clutter. Instructor was lively, fun, funny and very enjoyable to listen to. This was the course I came for and fulfilled my needs on this subject.
- Just what I needed! A fine program presented with humor and understanding of our needs.
- Loved it. Needed it. It was one of the main reasons for choosing this Elderhostel.
- Helen Volk’s presentation of subject matter was great – entertaining, meaningful, thoughtful, inspirational. Thoroughly enjoyed the five days with her. Ready to go home and get to work.