Looking for a Speaker?Download Printable Brochure
De-Clutter, De-Stress® Your Life
(Stress Management through Clutter Control)
De-Clutter, De-Stress® Your Life is an integrated life/work philosophy that enables people to reclaim their lives by breaking free of what clutters them.
The most common response to De-Clutter, De-Stress® Your Life is:
“I can’t wait to go home and throw things out!”
- incorporates wisdom of the masters (Gandhi, Bombeck, Rogers)
- uses humor (that’s Will Rogers, not Roy Rogers, tee hee)
- cites examples drawn from her personal experience and years of helping others
- kindles the smouldering embers of the desire to let go
- provides fear-stopping motivation
- offers insightful tips and tested techniques
Short Description for Program Coordinators:
Clutter causes stress; daily frustration, time wasted looking for things, embarrassment, job inefficiency and sadly, much more. It’s a stressor we can control. This informative, yet entertaining talk unmasks the thoughts and emotions that keep you stuck in clutter, and motivates you to use the tips and tested techniques provided to de-clutter your life – once and for all!
Photo for Publication
To download a high-resolution photo of Helen for your publication, click here. The photo will open in a new window. To save the photo, click File -> Save As, choose the location where you want to save the photo, then click Save.
Please Note: Helen can alter this program slightly to present to seniors at the beginning stages of sorting through their life’s possessions. Please let Helen know if seniors are your audience.
Selected Speaking Appearances
- International Cemetery and Funeral Association (ICFA), Orlando, FL
- National Association of Professional Organizers Annual Conference, Santa Clara, CA
- Society of State Filers, 10th and 11th Annual Conferences, Cincinnati, OH & Phoenix, AZ
- General Electric (GE) Power Systems Women’s Network
- HealthCare Business Association Annual Conference
- National Association of Insurance Women, International, Region I Conference
- National Association of Professional Organizers, Northeast US Regional Conference
- New York State Association of Fire Chiefs Annual Meeting
- New York State Association of School Nurses Annual Meeting
- Westchester Association of Women Business Owners
- Women’s Bar Assocation of the State of New York Annual Meeting
De-Clutter, De-Stress Your Life
Through workshops, seminars and one-on-one coaching sessions, this lawyer, educator and clown college graduate teaches others that they, too, can enjoy fuller, more meaningful lives and feel richer than ever before by owning less. “Clutter fights for its own life, and you’re fighting for yours,” Volk joked lask week during a presentation . . .Besides her official honors and distinctions, Volk is also well know for her upbeat attitude. “You can’t take [clutter] with you. I myself have never seen a hearse followed by a U-Haul,”she laughed.
The Sunday Gazette, 2002
I took the most from Helen’s humor, comraderie and the workbook, breaking this huge overwhelming task down.
Great motivation and inspiration to go home and really tackle the clutter. I look forward to more workshops.
Darcy D., Menands, NY
Simple tips with a sense of humor made the clutter less overwhelming.
Heidi M., Albany, NY
The motivation! The instructors sense of humor and knowledge were the best part about the program.
Susan C., Clifton Park, NY
This wan an informative, enjoyable, practical and necessary (unfortunately) course! Helen is an excellent presenter. Her ability to help us laugh lightens the stress and overwhelming feelings of clutter.
Amy T., Albany, NY
No clutter, no stress, no problem! Helen Volk thinks that change is possible for anyone who makes the committment. Volk is a living example of turning one’s life around.
The Tampa Tribune, 2001
I enjoyed your workshop at Saratoga this weekend so much! I went right home and started with the medicine cabinet. I am so inspired by you. We wanted a bigger house for so long. But why? We have three bedrooms and one child. We are staying put. Thanks so much!
April S., East Greenbush, NY
I took Ms. Volk’s class at our local high school and it was super. It will help you reorganize your life.
Grace T., Guilderland, NY
Thank you for the workshop. I came home and liberated my closet and dressers from the burden of the misfit clothing. There’s a LARGE box overflowing out the door as we “speak”… Your message was just what I needed to hear. I paid attention and did my homework.
Karen S., Saratoga Springs, NY
I just wanted to let you know how much I have appreciated and benefited from your help. I value the guidance and support, along with your expertise and recommendations. I am more at ease with letting go of the ‘stuff’ that no longer serves my highest and best interest. I am “dusting off and polishing” old dreams along with the furniture. I am becoming more selective about what I choose to take on and embrace. This really is a spiritual process, at least if you are open to receive the maximum benefits of de-cluttering…
Debra B., Rensselaer, NY